Big Data Software Engineer
Hot off the press, Solsys is hiring team members to join our Big Data Software Engineering team working with our customers on-premise and cloud applications solutions. You will be working with popular Big Data tools, Cloud services and AI technology from Splunk. Additionally, you will be developing Big Data solution Products and R&D for customer facing solutions.
- Act as the principal designer for Big Data applications and their components utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to customer and internal stakeholders at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse Big Data development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
- Identify Big Data application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution.
- Code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions.
- Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications.
- Will not be managing resources on the team.
- Layer higher level AI on top of existing Big Data solutions.
What kind of Big Data technology experience are we looking for
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Spark
- Apache Spark Streaming
- Apace Kafka
- Apache Hive
- Apache Oozie
- Apache Impala
- Apache Hbase
The following additional skills and experience will make you standout to us
- Experience with Big Data Fabric vendors e.g. Cloudera
- Knowledge of Microservice Architecture
- Ability to rapidly prototype and storyboard/wireframe development as part of application design
- Comfortable in configuring and using Linux Operating System
- Visualization design expertise with Hadoop or Teradata or Looker or Tableau or Splunk
- Knowledge of BI tools and statistical packages such as SAS, R or SciPy/NumPy
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing both Business and Technical perspectives.
- Knowledge of Big Data tool performance/tuning/measurement and usage criteria to drive appropriate tool selections and use
- Documented experience working on advanced Big Data solutions is a plus.
- Some expertise in designing business intelligence systems, dashboard reporting, and analytical reporting.
- Deploying Big Data solutions Azure, AWS, GCP
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins, Python, Github, Ansible, Puppet, Docker
Qualifications – Minimum Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years’ development experience as a Big Data Software Engineer.
- 1+ years’ Big Data Software development in Cloud Technology (AWS or Azure or GCP).
- 2+ years’ experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., scripting, filesystems and system calls).
Annual Salary: $70,000 to $85,000
Three weeks’ vacation
Paid sick days
Paid casual leave days
Generous benefits program (Healthcare, Wellness & Technology)
Good location downtown GTA
Need to be mobile to work on client sites
Employer Contact Information
Attention: Hiring Manager
No Phone calls please