Splunk Development Engineer
Solsys is a leading provider of “Digital Intelligence” solutions based on Splunk Technology. Our customers primarily in the Telecommunications and Financial Services sectors partner with us to deliver Data Analytic solutions for Operational and Security groups. We have a full-time opening available to join our Professional Services delivery team.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into Splunk data source needs and Dashboard reporting outputs.
- Collect and analyze a wide array of textual data from disparate sources as data source input to Splunk.
- Give recommendations on Splunk data collection mechanisms to ensure meaningful data is collected.
- Plan, manage and execute Splunk data analysis in line with business needs.
- Plan, manage and execute exploratory Splunk data analysis in order to discover new insights and patterns.
- Produce meaningful and useful Splunk reports and visualizations delivering key information in a usable format.
- Management and standardization of Splunk Enterprise forwarders deployment.
- Troubleshoot Splunk Implementations and run-time issues.
- Develop and support Splunk monitoring tools.
- Develop Splunk applications and complex dashboards using Python programming language and Unix Shell scripts.
- Integrate Splunk with external infrastructure monitoring tools using standard protocols http and smtp.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience designing and implementing Splunk Enterprise solutions in large enterprise environments that have a High Availability requirement.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience building customized Splunk dashboards.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Splunk solutions for security monitoring purposes in the context of Security Information and Event Management or Fraud Management.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and supporting a Splunk solution in a Canadian Financial Institution.
- Integrating Splunk solutions with Firewalls, Load-balancers, and network routing.
- A minimum of 2 years implementing Splunk solutions in a Unix or Linux Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated experience integrating Splunk with OAuth, SNMP and LDAP technologies.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage their time against deliverables.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively within a team to plan, design, review, and adapt deliverables.
- Strong documentation and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s-level or higher degree in computing science.
Type of Position: Permanent full-time
Salary: $90,000 per year based on a 37.5 hour work week
Job location:Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Vacation: 2 weeks’ paid vacation annually
Employer Contact Information
Attention: Hiring Manager
No Phone calls please