The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Engineer and certify Splunk applications and add-ons for 3rd party integrations.
- Design, implement and support Splunk infrastructure at an enterprise level. This includes, but not limited to troubleshooting the infrastructure; develop and integrate 3rd party monitoring tools. Engage with business to understand possible Splunk infrastructure use cases.
- Create customized dashboards, alerts and visualizations.
This person should understand the high-level principles around software development lifecycle and agile approaches, and must be able to capture and articulate requirements and progress clearly.
Additionally, the candidate must possess some Java application development skills to support unrelated Java development opportunities.
- Understand business objectives and translate them into data needs and reporting outputs.
- Collect and work with a wide array of textual data from disparate sources.
- Identify required data that may be missing and recommend best practices to collect it.
- Give recommendations on data collection mechanisms to ensure meaningful data is collected.
- Plan, manage and execute data analysis in line with business needs.
- Plan, manage and execute exploratory analysis in order to discover new insights and patterns.
- Produce meaningful and useful reports and visualizations delivering key information in a usable format.
- Support the team with clear and insightful analysis using data at hand.
- Support Splunk Infrastructure and Applications in customer environments.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience administering and implementing Splunk Enterprise or associated applications in a large enterprise environment (HA cluster configuration).
- 2 years building customized dashboards.
- Candidates who have implemented Splunk software for security use cases (SIEM or Fraud Management) will be preferred.
- Strong Data analytics skills.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals. Understanding of Network Firewalls, Load-balancers, and complex infrastructure designs is an asset.
- Must have strong Linux skills to be able to troubleshoot and support Splunk Enterprise.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage their time against deliverables.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively within a team to plan, design, review, and adapt deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Linux certification is a plus.
- 2 years’ experience building Java applications.
- Willing to learn other Java Commercial Off the Shelf software (training to be provided) to complement your Java skills.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop workloads (MapReduce, Hive & Pig).
- Experience with Cloud technologies and Application monitoring tools is a plus.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Achieved training and certifications in Splunk technology; additional training may be be provided.
- Certified Linux training.
- Full-time employment.
- Annual salary.
- Benefits package.
- Full time employment.
- Robust benefits package.
- Must live in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Some travel may be required.
- Be able to work onsite with our clients.